You have to be in the right mindset to improve your blog. Real improvement requires looking at the big picture goals of your business and your blog, as well as zooming in on the detail work to be able to meet your goals.
These questions can help you zero in on your blogging and content marketing strategy, and integrate your blog into your larger business goals.
Answer These Questions to Improve Your Blog
- Can you identify your target audience? Who are your ideal readers and/or customers?
- What kind of topics are they going to be interested in?
- What type of posts are you going to write? Examples: Industry news, interviews, case studies, how-to’s, etc. (There should be a variety.)
- How many posts per week/month can you commit to writing?
- Can you come up with between 5-10 blog post ideas off the top of your head?
- Do you have a set writing time?
- Are you doing what you can to write to your audience’s needs and not your own? (Make sure your posts are providing value, and not self promotional!)
- Are you doing everything you can to promote your post? (Sharing on all social media channels, republishing on LinkedIn, Medium, promoting it in applicable groups, republishing your posts on appropriate sites?)
- Is your blog serving your larger marketing and business goals?
Your blog is an important part of reaching a new audience online. It’s crucial for building your platform and engaging your readers in a meaningful way. Make sure that you are doing everything you can to provide value to readers, and make it easy on them to take action. Simply knowing the answers to these questions can help you improve your blog.
Are you doing everything you can to take advantage of your blog and your digital marketing efforts? These mediums can help improve your business, and help you sell more.